Amazing healht benefits of honey-garlic mixture that you should know
We all know how powerful garlic and honey are even as stand-alone foods, they contain great properties that are immensely beneficial for our bodies. However, the mixture of this two ingredients might seem a bit off-putting to some. Yet, this article will give you a detailed explanation on why you should consider trying the mixture to boost your immunity.
Honey has always been considered a food item guaranteed to cause a lot of good advantages to one’s body. It is used for its countless medicinal properties. Ever since the time of the inception of Ayurveda, it has already been recognized to cure multiple diseases. It’s great news since it’s already made available in almost all grocery stores.
Garlic, on the other hand, is impressively convenient and has exceptional properties that are advantageous to our health. Garlic is characterized by its overwhelming, pungent smell, moreover, its very distinct strong taste. Its taste actually aids in enabling and activating our salivary glands and digestive enzymes, which also makes our stomach ‘prepared’ for food consumption. This said property of this spice makes it undeniably essential as an ingredient to most dishes. we can only assume that with its exemption we might have troubles with our digestion.
What are The Benefits Of Garlic
Not known to many, Garlic offers a vast of properties in enhancing a person’s cardiovascular health. It is also able to regulate blood circulation. It also serves as a protection against plaque buildup, blood clotting, high blood lipid levels and even reduces blood pressure.
It also has been proved to have the ability in reducing the risk of osteoarthritis together with many other conditions that are considered to include any kind of inflammation also.A person’s immunity is increaser to great heights by consumption of garlic due to its antiviral, anti-fungal, antibacterial and anti-parasitic properties. Garlic is undoubtedly a magical ingredient as it also contains anti-cancerous elements that can fight many cancers such as the cancer of the brain, breast, lung, pancreas, etc.
Eating Raw Garlic
If you haven’t tried grilling garlic while having a barbecue, or more specifically having it with Korean barbecue, then you are definitely missing the half of your life.It’s both very appetizing and as .we have established, it’s definitely good for you.However, cooking garlic in any manner actually decreases it being potent. Unfortunately, for us who loves to cook our garlic, it’s almost not counted because cooked or even browned garlic has already lost its beneficial properties drastically. To get most of its health benefits, you can eat it by mincing, pressing or crushing the raw garlic clove> Then you can just let it sit at a room temperature for about 5 to 10 minutes and consume it. Some believe that it’s better if you chew it, but if you can’t take it, better mince it into really small pieces then you can push it down by drinking a glass of water For some people, the idea of eating it raw could be repulsive. It’s a practice many of us wouldn’t find pleasing at all due to the garlic’s pungent aroma.Good thing, you can actually use honey for an easier way of consuming it.Here’s how you can do it.
Instructions for Making Honey-Garlic Mixture
These ingredients are good enough to make a jar of 4 oz of the honey-garlic mixture
1 head of organic garlic
Unpasteurized liquid honey
3 to 6 needles of fresh rosemary (optional)
1 sprig of fresh thyme (optional)
- Peel each clove of the garlic. Slightly crush a clove by using the back of the knife, this will make it easy for you to peel off the paper shell.
- Put the peeled garlic cloves in a jar together with the herbs if you want them to be part of your mixture. Pour over enough honey, until all the cloves are submerged. You should also take note to leave a space of at least 3 inches from the top so that during the fermentation of garlic with honey takes place, there is enough space for the garlic to expand and bubble over because they definitely will.
- Close the jar’s lid and leave it in a cupboard for 3 to 5 days. It’ is also wise to place a plate under the jar, so in case it overflows the mess will be taken care of.This will also be helpful in the process of the garlic’s infusion into the honey. This will make the garlic a bit sweeter making it easier to take.
- Wait about 3 to 5 days before putting the honey-infused garlic cloves in the fridge to keep it fresh.
- It’s best to take 1 or 2 honey-infused garlic cloves daily to help keep your immune system strong.
- Remember that it is important to turn the jar upside down once every day to submerge and re-saturate the garlic cloves.
- If you used a lid that’s screwed on, it is highly suggested to open it once every day to be able to flush out any carbon dioxide buildup in the jar. You might think that fermentation is an easy and simple process, however, carbon dioxide can build up the pressure and might cause an explosion if not opened from time to time. Hence, you should take note that you must use the proper equipment recommended for fermentation
There might be various ways or other kinds of mixtures available out there and that this one might still not be ideal for your taste buds, however, its powerful properties to boost your immune system should not be taken for granted. If there are many other mixtures presented you might want to be more well-informed about them. Moreover, both garlic and honey are very accessible and does not cost much. It might take time to develop a taste for it, yet it’s best that we take steps in prioritizing our health.