Health benefits of walking at-least 15 mins a day that you should know
Nowadays, sitting has become one of the new hobbies of a lot of people because they are already attached with the advancement of technology, which includes the usage of cellular phones that is connected to the internet, as well as tablets, laptops and other form of gadgets. If you are one of these people, then you have to know that your health is in a great danger. Most of people are not even aware of it but sitting has the ability to harm your health to an almost permanent extent, therefore, you better do something about this kind of habit of yours!
All you need to do is to walk for at least 15 minutes on a regular basis. Going to a gym is not really necessary to do, but walking is a must. This kind of regular routine will actually give a big difference and you will even feel it inside of you. Walking on a daily basis will eventually make your body healthy and you will even see its result, especially in your mind and body.
Different researches which came from different universities such as University Hospital of Saint-Etienne, the University Hospital of Dijon, as well as the University of Lyon, the Regional Center for Cancer Prevention and Jean Monnet University in France are the ones who acknowledge the amazing and unbelievable power of walking. The result of one of their studies has been published in the British Journal of Sports Medicine.
The study has involved around 60 participants in all. Each of these participants was supposed to do an exercise for around 15 minutes on a daily basis. This will help them in reducing their risk of death by at least 22 percent compared to those people who do not usually exercises. Based on these studies, a simple and short walk for at least 15 minutes will keep you on staying alive much longer than any other person.
These studies have become popular in the entire universe that was seen in the news and headlines, as well as in some articles and journals. Doctors have even agreed that a person should really exercise for at least 150 minutes in the entire week at a moderate pace.
Most of us have been informed about the importance of doing a regular exercise and the important things that it brings not only on the physical health of a person but also in its emotional and mental health. In spite of all of these health benefits, there are some days that you cannot really give a time for a short and quick workout, which makes you skip a day.
Fortunately, new studies have been released and it shows that walking on a regular basis for at least 15 minutes will actually add around 7 years to your life. Another study followed saying about 69 people between the ages of 30 to 60 who was found out to be involved in regular moderate exercise, which includes walking experienced anti-aging benefits and feels younger, too.
Therefore, if you have the possibility to be not able to do your workout on a regular basis due to an early meeting or any other activities in school, home or work, just take a 15 minute walk on your lunch break or after your dinner in order to get the same benefits as working out.
Walking for the Health of the HEART:
There is a great connection between walking and the health of your heart or cardiovascular system. The following findings are from three (3) Harvard studies about the association of both walking and cardiovascular health:
- In the middle of around 10, 269 male graduates of the Harvard College, walking for at least nine miles on a weekly basis was discovered to reduce the risk of death for about 22 percent.
- In the midst of at least 44, 452 male health professionals, walking for around half an hour regularly was connected to an 18 percent lower risk of suffering from coronary artery disease.
- Among the 72, 488 female nurses, walking for about 3 consecutive hours in a week was related to at least 30 percent lower risk of suffering from heart attack and cardiac death, as well as 34 percent lower risk of suffering from stroke.
Here are the health benefits from walking for at least 15 minutes:
- Inhibits Diabetes
According to the results that came from the Harvard Nurses’ Health Study, women who normally walked for around half an hour a day can actually decreased their risk of suffering from diabetes for at least 30 percent. Walking has also proven to be really effective at reducing harmful and dangerous abdominal fat that can actually lead to diabetes.
- Promotes Weight Loss
- Elevates the levels of Vitamin D
- Soothes Pain
In an article that was created by American Heart Association or AHA have shown and explained on how do walking can meaningfully enhances the mobility loss for those people who are suffering from PAD or Peripheral Artery Disease.
- Prevents the development of Colon, Breast and Lung Cancer
A research study that was published by the Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers and Prevention have discovered that women who usually walks for at least 7 hours a week were known to be 14 percent less likely to develop breast cancer.
Scientist from the University of California, San Francisco and Harvard University have also discovered that men who are suffering from prostate cancer but normally walks for around three hours on a weekly basis have actually lessened their risk of a reappearance.
- Makes the Heart stronger
- Enhances Mood
Have you been informed that walking can actually affect and boost your mood in a positive way without even realizing it? A study that was published in the year 2016, have discovered that walking for at least 12 minutes regularly will result to an increased attentiveness and self-confidence for most of people.
- Swing both of your arms and bend them at 90 degrees and pump from the shoulders. This will actually allow a faster pace and it will also give a workout for the upper portion of your body.
- Always wear comfortable shoes. Look for the flexible soles and stiff heels or any cushioned lightweight and low-heeled shoes. You can also try to avoid stiff soled shoes that do not bend.
- You need to make sure that your posture is in a correct manner. You have to look straight ahead with your chin that is parallel to the ground. Moreover, retain your shoulders down and back away from both of your ears.
- You have to pick the right pace, as well. In order to burn more amounts of calories, all you need to do is to walk for at least 3.5 miles in an hour. You have to take smaller and faster steps in order to hasten up.
All you need to do is to simply walk and walk on a regular basis and your health will be amazingly improved without even having a sweat. Follow some of these tips and you can even share this to your family and friends. Try this method and see for yourself!