Here are the top home remedies for arthritis that everyone should know
There are times where you may actually feel it in your knees, hips, hands or other joints all throughout your body. Experiencing pain for no apparent reason is usually a sign of arthritis, which is a very common problem that can be seen in a lot of forms. To make it simple, arthritis is known to be an inflammation of one or more joints.
In addition to pain, some of the other common symptoms are both swelling and redness around the joints, as well as limited movement in the affected body parts and stiffness. There are more than 100 types of arthritis. It may vary from mild to severe cases.
A doctor can actually prescribe medication or you can take over-the-counter pain relievers. However, a lot of people experience development by simply staying physically active along with one or more simple yet natural remedies.
Here are the top 10 home remedies for Arthritis:
- Apple Cider Vinegar
ACV or also known as Apple Cider Vinegar is packed with minerals just like calcium, magnesium, potassium and even phosphorus. As a result, it is beneficial in soothing joint pain. In addition, it aids in getting rid of the accumulated toxins in the joints and connective tissues.
- Take a cup of warm water.
- Combine one teaspoon each of apple cider vinegar and honey in it.
- Consume this mixture on a daily basis and it will give you an alkalizing effect.
Another usual ingredient that can actually aid you in curing arthritis is ginger, which contains natural inflammatory properties.
- Dry grind a combination of at least 6 teaspoons of dried ginger, as well as 6 teaspoons of caraway seed powder and around 3 teaspoons of black pepper powder. Take half a teaspoon of this mixture along with water for about thrice a day.
- When ginger oil is applied on the affected area on a daily basis, it will eventually decrease pain, inflammation and even stiffness.
- Consuming raw ginger regularly can also aid in relieving pain by improving the circulation of the blood. Simply peel and cut fresh ginger before consuming along with each meal.
Massaging the affected parts with mustard oil has been considered as one of the excellent remedy for removing arthritis pain and even inflammation. The oil functions as a natural ointment and in order to stimulate the flow of the blood.
- Heat some amount of mustard oil until it is slightly warm. If there is swelling, you can actually combine an equal amount of onion juice, too. Carefully rub over the painful joint. And then, cover the joint with plastic wrap and apply warm towels, as well. Repeat this remedy on a daily basis before going to bed in order to see the best results.
- You can also utilize a small amount of eucalyptus oil, which helps in treating inflammation or you can also combine wintergreen oil and eucalyptus oil all together and rub it on the joint. For this remedy, you do not have to apply hot compresses.
Regular consumption of turmeric can actually decrease inflammation. It contains curcumin that possesses anti-inflammatory properties. It is especially good when you are dealing with rheumatoid arthritis.
- You can also take at least 500 milligrams to 1,000 milligrams of turmeric capsules for about thrice a day.
- You can also consume fresh turmeric juice, or a glass of a warm milk that is combined with one teaspoon of turmeric powder on a daily basis before going to sleep.
- Epsom Salt
Epsom salt is known to be a good producer of magnesium that can actually aid in regulating the pH levels in the body. It is extremely important to balance the pH levels due to certain inflammatory diseases just like arthritis that are caused by high acidity levels in the body.
- Combine Epsom salt and a fresh lemon juice in even amounts to half cup of warm water. Take one teaspoon of it for at least twice a day, one in the morning and another at night.
- You can also add at least two cups of Epsom salt to a warm bath and douse yourself in it.
Cinnamon can also be used in order to soothe arthritis pain due to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidants content.
- Combine about ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder and a tablespoon of honey in a cup of warm water and consume it every morning on an empty stomach. Repeat this regularly for at least seven days.
- You can also create a paste with the use of cinnamon and honey, and then massage it gently on the affected areas.
- Fish Oil
The omega-3 fatty acids that can be found in fish oil contain an anti-inflammatory effect in the body and it can actually help you in reducing pain.
- Just simply consume at least one to two teaspoon of fish oil on a daily basis.
- Taking fish oil supplements in the morning on an empty stomach is effective in decreasing morning stiffness.
Along with the supplements, you need to consume cold-water fish and other natural products such as flax seeds that are packed in omega-3 fatty acids.
Alfalfa is known to be an herb that can actually be used by those people who are suffering from arthritis due to its high content of minerals that can assist in regulating pH levels.
- You can actually create a healthy cup of tea using alfalfa seeds. Just add half or one teaspoon of the seeds to a cup of boiling water. Leave it to simmer for at least half an hour with a lid on and then strain it afterwards. Consume this twice a day for about two to three weeks in order to decrease inflammation.
- You can also go for alfalfa capsules, which are easily available in the market and it can be taken regularly.
Cherries are known as a great source of both magnesium and potassium which aids in those people who are suffering from arthritis. Magnesium is a natural pain killer, and potassium assists in decreasing inflammation.
- Consume at least eight to ten pieces of cherries on a daily basis. You can used canned, frozen or even fresh cherries depending upon which is readily available.
- You can also consume cherry syrup. Just boil some cherries in water for a couple of minutes until it creates potent, sweet syrup. Consume this regularly for several months.
The anti-inflammatory properties that can be found in borage seed oil can also aid in soothing various symptoms of arthritis.
- Massage the affected area with borage seed oil on a regular basis in order to aid in healing tender and swollen joints.
- You can also consume at least one teaspoon of borage seed regularly for pain relief. Borage seed is known to be safe and it will not cause you any harm, but do not ingest seeds or other parts of the plant.
People who are suffering from any types of arthritis will most likely obtain relief from one or more of these simple yet remedies. It is important for arthritis patients to maintain physical activities in order to enjoy better health.