The 4 important health benefits of drinking green tea
Tea has been known as a caffeinated drink that is in line with coffee. It is probably one of the most common drinks that most of people usually consume more than water, particularly in some parts of the world, which includes China, Japan, as well as India and other countries with cold climate.
All types of tea, except the herbal one, are being brewed from the dried leaves of Camellia sinensis bush. Moreover, the levels of oxidation of the leaves will determine what will be the type of the tea.
However, green tea has been known as the healthiest beverage in the entire world. It contains a huge amount of both antioxidants and nutrients that have potent effects on the body. This includes enhanced function of the brain, as well as fat loss, reduced risk of suffering from cancer a lot more of incredible and amazing health benefits.
As a matter of fact, green tea has three (3) main variations namely the green one, the black tea and oolong. Green tea, on the other hand has been considered to be the most beneficial among these three and studies have even proven this. It has been accepted by both of the experts and society that green tea had work a lot of wonders in the prevention of both acute and chronic health conditions because of the high concentration of polyphenols that it contains. The role of polyphenols has been known to counteract and neutralize the free radical cells and other compounds that can be found in the body that might actually result to any cellular damage.
It is really good to know that green tea is definitely beneficial for the human body and it can even contribute hugely to the improvement of the entire health which is why will be giving you a list of reasons as to why green tea is more than just a drink and why you have to consume it more often than any other drinks, except for water.
Here are the health benefits of Green Tea:
- It has the ability to reduces inflammation
Inflammation of the body, which includes the liver, bowels and even stomach, together with the body tissue cartilages have been already mentioned to lessen the signs and symptoms by just consuming green tea on a regular basis.
- It can lower you cholesterol levels
For your information, there are two types of cholesterol that can be found in the body namely the bad cholesterol or also known as LDL and the good cholesterol or also called as HDL. The bad cholesterol is being inhibited by the green tea to be absorbed in the intestines and together with this, elevates the amount of good cholesterol levels inside the body.
- It aids in losing weight
One of the most popular reasons as to why most of people are starting to love green tea is due to its amazing ability to aid in weight loss. There have been a lot of studies and proven testimonies of people who have consumed green tea and eventually got rid of the extra kilos that they once had. EGCG, which has been known as a phytonutrient that can be found in green tea has the ability to increase the hormone that satisfies the promotion or the feeling of being full.
- It helps in improving digestion
Green tea contains a huge amount of antioxidant that can actually help the process of digestion. In fact, this kind of antioxidant contains both of anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties that are really beneficial for the stomach.
Here are some of the other health benefits that you can get from Green Tea:
- Green tea is packed with a lot of bioactive compounds that can actually impact a lot of benefits on the entire health of the body. It also contains less caffeine when compared to coffee, but still enough amounts to produce an effect.
- Moreover, it is also loaded with amino acid, namely L-theanine, which has been known for its ability to work together with caffeine in order to improve the function of the brain. Also, green tea contains potent antioxidants that may protect the body against cancer cells.
- A lot of studies have shown that those people who usually consume green tea have lower risk of suffering from various types of cancer. The bioactive compounds that green tea contains can actually have several protective effects on neurons and it may eventually lessen the risk of suffering from both Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease, which have been known as the two most common neurodegenerative disorders.
- The catechins in green tea may actually prevent the growth of both bacteria and some other viruses. As a result, this can reduce the risk of suffering from infections and may actually lead to the improvement of dental health, as well as lower risk of caries and even decreased bad breath.
- Some controlled tests and trials have shown that green tea has the ability to cause mild decline in the levels of blood sugar. In addition, it may also reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes in the long term.
- Observational studies have shown that people who usually consume green tea have a lower risk of suffering from any cardiovascular diseases.
Side effects and risk of consuming Green Tea:
Consuming moderate amounts of green tea is good for the health; nevertheless excessive amounts may not do you good. There are little to no known side effects or contraindications to consuming green tea for most of adults.
Additionally, green tea supplements contain a huge amount of active substances that has the ability to trigger some side effects and interact with other herbs, supplements or even medications. Therefore, you have to ask your doctor before consuming green tea if you are taking any medicines.
Green tea supplements, on the other hand are unregulated by the FDA and it may also contain other types of substances that are known to be unsafe for the health or with unproven health benefits. That is why you have to ask your personal doctor before starting any herb or supplement regimen just to be safe.
To be specific, women who are pregnant or doing breastfeeding, as well as those people who are suffering from heart conditions, high blood pressure of hypertension, kidney or liver issues, stomach ulcers and even those who have anxiety disorders should not take any green tea supplements, herbs or extracts because it may just make the condition a lot worse.
Be careful and pay too much attention about everything that you are about to consume. Not everything that most of people consume is good for you and your body. So always consult your doctor fist before trying anything that may affect your health.